Thursday 4 December 2014

Jake's Christmas Beer Advent Calendar - Day 03

Here's last night's beer: Ayinger Brauweisse, a German Hefeweizen style beer.


It was darker than other wheat ales such as Rickard's White or Ankerbrau Nordlinger I've tried, and had a nice bubbly mouth feel and good orangey taste.

I'd also say despite it being quite cloudy it didn't have that grainy/yeasty taste you sometimes get with wheat beers. (Or at least that's how sometimes I feel they taste.)


Ayinger definitely calls for a nice slice of orange though; even still, I enjoyed it without. That extra citrus kick would certainly add to it. It's by far one the best Wheat Ales I've ever tried.

All said and done, I give this one a 7/10.

Wheat ales aren't my favourite beer, so I'll admit to some bias towards rating this one slightly lower. It was however good enough that I went back to Day 01 and bumped the score down on the Affligem Blonde. The Ayinger is less sweet than that one, and that adds point back on in my book.

A++, would drink again in springtime/summertime

No comments: