Wednesday 10 December 2014

Jake's Christmas Beer Advent Calendar - Day 09

Here's Advent Beer #09, Sapporo

Sapporo is probably no stranger to many people, and so far - except for maybe Innis & Gunn - is likely the most well-known of the beers I've drank so far. At least, it's the only one I can say I see on-tap regularily.

Despite its popularity I've never actually tried it! So how was it?

Pale, bright, and fresh tasting. This is something I could drink on a hot day or out on a boat non-stop. It wasn't heavy, and each sip was as good as the last.

Damn Japan, you make good beer!

How do I rate it?

8/10

I'm a lager guy, and that's a total bias that comes into play here. It's not the most complicated beer, but it's easy drinking and doesn't leave your mouth thirsty and dried-out afterwards like some lighter coloured lagers. Would drink again for sure!

No comments: