Monday 15 December 2014

Jake's Christmas Beer Advent Calendar - Day #12


Advent Beer #12 – Peroni Nastro Azzurro

This is my first ever Italian Beer, and let me tell you…It’s alright.
 I drank this one after a hockey game (Oilers lost to Anaheim 3-2) and I was a little hosed when I had it, so this may not be the most fair judging. But here’s the scoop!

It was quite bitter. Not in the hoppy sort of way, but more like soap. That lingering bitter aftertaste hung around and needed to be washed down with some water afterwards. But since I’d been drinking Czech pilsners and Molson Canadian that day, it didn’t seem that odd at the time. I’m not sure I’d have it again over other options I’ve had so far.

6/10 for the Peroni

It’s good, but not great. My palate just might not have been prepped for this one though since I was already half in the bag when I tried it.

No comments: