Thursday 2 September 2010

Hammelltime Breakdown

Usually when Blogger releases some fancy new gimmick or tool I just ignore it because I like the painfully simple, clean, and easy to read layout of Hammelltime.

It works for Craig's List, why not me?

But this week they released a neat-o statistics page! Now I can see what articles people are looking at, what time of the day, and where they're from!

It's a stalker's dream tool I tells ya.

Anyway, I was playing around with it and some of the things people are looking at, where they come from, and what articles are most popular are really surprising. Here's just a sample of what I found:


The top ten countries people are reading from:

As you can tell, almost 2/3rds are from Canada. Which is really to be expected, but coming in at #3 is the Netherlands?

In that case:

Daar Nederland! Ik hoor uw vis is lekkere dingen, ik zou graag willen kloof mijzelf op sommige ergens.

Also from around the world, almost half of the people who visit Hammelltime are using Internet Explorer.

I would like to use this time to direct you to here:

Firefox and Chrome

Download and install one or other, let's turn these statistics around. Just because IE comes installed on your computer, doesn't mean you have to use it.

Here's what traffic Google is directing to my blog. Some of it I think makes sense, but I'm a little embarrassed that the #3 top search is , and a couple of others are specifically about an entry on my shoes making a squishy noise when I walk in them.

To give you an updater on that story, I quit caring that my shoes made that noise, and threw them out.

Some of where the traffic comes from is pretty neat too. Most of it is from blogger itself, but there's a couple neat ones.

The Absurd Intellectual linked to me in an article that was about the Russian numbers station UVB-76 (which has had more mysterious broadcast in August than ever before) Wilco's album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot after an old roommate of mine (you can read her poetry here) referred him to me. It's ironic because I'm not a big Wilco fan. At all.

Oh, and if you Google "Slush Cup" three pictures of mine including one of me mostly nekkid come up on page one.

Finally, and here's the most inexplicable one:

Top Pages
Three articles, most of which have a minimal amount of comments, are the most popular of all time. Well, over the past month and a half or so.

Talking to Dennis Quaid must be a misleading title that attracts attention, because that article is about how I liked the movie Frequency.

As for #3, I didn't know that the Axe shower tool was such a popular item that people would actually research it before its purchase. Seriously. It's a crappy loofah.

In summary, Axe and Dennis Quaid owe me money.

You guys can pony up whenever you like. I do accept doubloons as payments.

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart - JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound (Wilco cover)


1 comment:

XOXO said...

US was my first, Canada second, and wait for it... CHINA in third.

I don't speak anything even resembling chinese.