Monday 27 September 2010

Review: Hell Ride

Hell Ride,
Written by, directed and starring Larry Bishop


The premise: In the world of biker gangs, 'bad blood' doesn't even begin to describe the hatred that exists between the The Victors and The Six-Six-Sixers. The Sixers are moving in on Victor territory, infiltrating their gang, and brutally slaughtering their members.
Pistolero, the “Pres” of the Victors has only a few fellow gang-members he truly trusts, and The Sixers have him outnumbered, outmaneuvered, and outclassed, or so they think.

Hell Ride, a tale of vengeance, moves from one violently brutal moment to the next in a non-stop bath of blood. For people who like a simple plot, with a few twists here and there, and tons of action, you have to see Hell Ride.

A friend lent me this movie over the weekend, and I haven't seen anything like this where I was blown away by it for hours afterwards in a long time.

I'll face the facts though, this isn't a movie everyone is going to enjoy.

The plot? It's Thin.

Is it over-the-top violent? Hell yes.

Is this a movie you should hide from children? Absolutely.

If you don't like Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez style action and violence, then you're not going to like this movie.

Overall:
8/10

The Pros: It had action, it had a great cast, it had scenes whose violence left me cringing, it had some light comedy here and there, it had a plot that left me totally satisfied with its outcome, and by the time the credits had rolled I was completely blown away.

The Cons: Some of the dialogue was uninspired, and sometimes things happened that left me a little confused. It's going to need a re-watch before I return it (which I plan on taking my sweet time doing). Also, the epic struggle that the film built towards fell a little flat. Good, but flat.

So quit watching terrible action movies with no plot and see Hell Ride. Do it. Now.

1 comment:

Aunty Pat said...

when are you ever going to review a romantic comedy or something your Aunt would like to watch??? LOL