Monday 20 September 2010

Eat Them Wings

Photos Courtesy of Steve Suk

I don't have a whole lot of photo evidence to back this up, but Team Big Country is through to the finals of the wing eating competition. Last Wednesday we came in second on qualifying night, and they pushed us through because we're likable I guess.


The contest this year, as I said in my last blog, is about speed, not endurance. Last year, 40 wings was what a single competitor had to eat to win the contest. That maybe doesn't sound like all that much, but after 30, you really start to drag.

With teams of four eating at 100 wings (that's only 25 a person) this throws the doors of victory wide open. But the rules on cleaning the bones need to be more stringent. Our team did a fine job of stripping the meat off the bones and leaving little behind. Some of the competitors however...well let's just say some feathers may be ruffled over this issue.

This is the destruction wrought by our team

We were bested by Shannon George, my nemesis from last year, and some football players. I feel a rivalry coming on, and if Shannon wasn't the god damned nicest person I've ever competed against I'd be angrier than I am right now.

In the end though, the contest is all for the United Way. But I really want that belt. I mean I'm willing to do unlawful things to people to get it. It's like chasing the dragon...

I almost have it this time! I know I can get it!

No comments: