Thursday 9 September 2010

A Legacy Reborn

Last year around this time, I lost a chicken wing eating championship. The challenge was 40 wings, as fast as you could eat them, and I placed second, approximately half a wing and thirty seconds behind a giant football player.


I didn't take home the Battle of the Bone Belt.


But guess what's back? And this time, it's a whole new game...


Instead of last year's format where one eater representing a group would show down with 6 or 7 other people, we're on teams of 4, and collectively have to eat 100 wings the fastest.

That's 25 wings a head, and if we eat at the rate of 2-4 wings a minute we can do this no problem. Personally, I ate 60 wings somewhere between 20-25 minutes. Admittedly, I spewed after that, but I also put down 40 in just over ten minutes. So 25? Piece of cake!

The problem though, is that 25 wings is a pretty standard amount. Anyone could eat that many. So the key isn't quantity here, it's speed. Pure and simple speed.

It's go time! I think all the other radio stations and the newspaper are competing this year, not on the same day of course, so I'm hoping more than a few of them qualify to go head to head in the finals September 29th so we can go mano a mano.

We go for qualifiers next Wednesday, September 15th, and that leaves less than a week to get prepped. There's more than just a championship belt on the line here though; this is going to prove once and for all, who the real eating champions of Grande Prairie are. We all know it's Big Country 93.1, but that's not what some sore losers over at other stations would have you believe.

Boom. Battle of the Bone 2010 just got real...

Can you take the heat?

1 comment:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

That x-ray photo really cracked me up!