Friday 24 April 2009

These are the Dave's I Know.

Please view this video, at least the first little bit, before continuing.



Yesterday I was chatting with coworker, and that particular song came up in conversation. Then I started to think...I do know a lot of Dave's. A lot more than other names anyway.

So these are the Dave's I know I know, These are the Dave's I know.

Dave Cannon: A Dave who used to live with my older brother back when they were in university.

Dave, Chelsea's boyfriend: Guess who he's dating... Chelsea! I used to go to college with Chelsea; We graduated in the same year. So I met him through her. I think they met online or something last February. Which means that they've been dating now for more than a year! Happy anniversary guys!

Dave, Suzanne's husband: Suzanne is the coworker who I was discussing the Dave Song with. I've gotten very drunk with this particular Dave, and also watched Mike McEwen, one of Manitoba's premiere curlers kick Alberta's ass at the Grand Slam of Curling a couple weeks ago. This Dave is a carpenter.

Dave Davies: The restaurant manager of my hometown's only restaurant. He makes delicious gravy, and shares a name with a famous singer from the 60's who sang the #1 hit 'Death of a Clown.'



David Riddell: My friend's older brother. He used to be in the same grade (maybe give or take a year) as my older sister.

Dave from Downstairs: This Dave lived in the downstairs suite of my last apartment building. He worked at the student newspaper with one of my old roommates, Naomi to be specific.

David Irwin: Back when I used to work with my father doing carpentry stuff, we did a couple jobs for Mr.Irwin, who lived in the next town over, Gainsborough. That's also the town where I was born. But don't tell anyone I'm a gapper. Big secret.

David Keam: President of The Best Sleep Centre Inc. He was my old boss back when I sold mattresses and mattress accessories. Super-smart guy, and he had an awesome business model for his stores. He treated buying a mattress like buying a car, and instead of just selling beds like "This bed is worth $3,000, but I'll sell it for $1,500" he sold them like "This bed is worth $1,500, and here's all its features from top to bottom and a half hour explanation how and why your bed works the way it does. Now leave my store with this checklist and try to find bed of equal quality for cheaper. You won't be able to, so I'll give you a free bed if you can."
Genius. I learned more about beds than I ever knew was possible. I'll do a week's worth of posts on how to buy a better mattress and get the best deal possible.

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there are other Dave's I know I've forgotten all about. So, how about you? Do you know an inordinate amount of people who possess the same name?

Heart - What About Love

9 comments:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

1. David Coleburn
2. David Forester
3. David Can't Remember his last name but he was French and was in the same grade as David Coleburn
4. David Van Den Bossche
5. David Gaudet

That's it... hmmm... I kind of wish I knew more Daves.

Dave said...

I was higher in Jakes list that yours Chelsea? WTF? lol

I hate knowing other Dave's, it's my name damnit! I was on the dave in elementary school then all of a sudden when I got to high school I had write my name of stuff with a last name initial because there were 2 dave's in my class!

Here are some dave's I know, the list grows and grows:

1. David Kotschorek
2. David Claeys
3. David Hyde
4. David Lewis
5. David Goertzen
6. David Drewitz

drollgirl said...

aw man, i loved kids in the hall. those guys entertained me daily during a short-lived unemployment stint.

hope you have a killer weekend!

Pat said...

I actually just picked up the KITH box set a couple of months ago... it totally rocks. And, a lot of the sketches still hold up, though when they wear glasses, they're the 90's style huge ass ones. Which in some ways makes it even funnier!

Nai said...

1.Jonathon David Cargo - guy from band camp.
2.David Hayward - ex-husband
3.David Hall - ex-boss at BK
4.David Hall - mechanic at Cumming and Dobbie
5.David Kusnick - roommate and co-worker at The Quill
6.David Hopkinson - also from band camp
7.David Knight - music student at BU
8.David Leadbeater - realtive
9.Chris David - guy I had ummm, relations with?
10.David Winter - history prof at BU
11.David Taylor - business prof at BU
12.David Height - used to go to high school with
13.David Playfair - music prof at BU

Use your imagination on which ones i've 'done' things with. :P

Aunty Pat said...

I love reading your writings nephew. I hate to nitpick, but Daves should not be possessive--it's just plain old plural!!!

Jake Hammell said...

Excellent grammar catch! I didn't even realize I did that! I'm going to leave it up there so everyone can see that I'm not the perfect archon of grammar I would try to fool you all into believing I am.

Nai said...

Post Script. Most of those daves have chrises...its very odd for me.

Tatiana said...

I don't know a lot of Daves but I do know a lot of Steven/Stephens and a lot of Adams.