Tuesday 6 April 2010

Rock Paper Scissors Tourney

All photos courtesy of The Daily Herald Tribune and the effervescent Karyn Cochrane

Rock beats Scissors. Scissors beat Paper. Paper beats Rock.



The game is a simple concept, but it's an intense psychological battle.

I'd been gearing up for the big tournament and throwing down RPS everywhere I went, with anyone.This past Thursday evening was host to the second annual Rock Paper Scissors tournament at the local Lion's Den Pub.

I'll admit though that things didn't go as well as planned. I went in expecting a clean sweep, but much to my chagrin I lost my first four matches.

The situation was dire. I had even dragged along several of my friends to watch me dominate the competition. I even donned my Sunday best (which everyone said made me look like Clark Kent).
Finally, I took the advice of my teammates, removed my suit jacket, loosened my tie, and mussed up my perfectly groomed hair. In the words of my good friend Ashley, I needed to
"Release the Jake."

And release the Jake I did. It was officially Hammelltime. I went on a real heater and won the final five throwdowns, tying for second place with several other competitors, and only beaten in points by our teammate Bic who took a massive 8 wins.



Our team went on to take first place in overall points (which is the only one that really mattered).


Ultimately, the official victory went to our competitor Free FM after the Triple Threat Throwdown. They won fair and square, but I'll get them next year, you can bet on it.

2 comments:

XOXO said...

This is the kind of thing that makes me love you, Jake-san.

So proud. <3 (yes - less than three.)

Tatiana said...

I have no words for the pride I feel that you are my brother in law.