Monday 19 April 2010

Everclear in the House

All photographs totally ripped from Jen B's facebook page, who I really hope doesn't cut me.

This past Saturday I got to see one of my all-time favourite bands: Everclear!


I noticed they had a poster up. I was like “Everclear, eh? Are they coming to Edmonton?” but much to my surprise, they were coming to Grande Prairie! And not on a lame Wednesday night or anything, on a Saturday no less!

I screamed like a 14 year old girl most of the night since I honestly thought I'd never get to see them. Best of all, I stood approximately 2 people away from the stage, which is plenty close for me since it sucks to be close to the stage, have to take a leak, and fight your way back out.


They completely rocked the house, and band founder, Art Alexakis put one hell of an act despite it being very obvious the only thing he knew for sure was that he was in Canada. He even mixed up the radio station who sponsored the concert's name, which was quite funny.

Afterwards I got a guitar pick from the lead Guitarist (Davey French), while my friends got drumsticks and autographs. Jealous! Plus I was impatient and didn't get a photo with the band. Oh well, so long as Art Alexakis keeps of the hard drugs, I'm sure I'll meet him eventually.

No comments: