Thursday 15 April 2010

The Best Part of the NHL



I couldn't give two shits about the NHL. I really couldn't. I think hockey season is too long (Hockey in June? Seriously?), I can't wrap my head around the concept of off-side (despite having it explained to me 1,000s of times), and I just think there are better things on TV.

I know I'm embarrassing to have around at sports bars when hockey's on. I don't know any of the players, the team stats, and I've been known to say and do things that upset my friends during the game.

Plus my teams are the Minnesota Wild (because they're next to Manitoba) and the Buffalo Sabres (Because their old logo has swords in it).


But the thing I really like about the playoffs is the beards.


Beards are cool, and around this time of year you get to see some really sick facial hair. To honor this tradition, here's some photos of players with beards.







Velvet Ungerground - Sunday Morning

2 comments:

XOXO said...

Can't Canadians be excommunicated or deported or something for not living and breathing hockey?

Maybe it was drawn and quartered...

I'm disillusioned.

drollgirl said...

that is a whole lot of beard going on. ack! i am not always a fan of facial hair. sometimes it works. sometimes.

and i couldn't give 2 shits about sports, except when cute guys are involved! :)