Monday 2 November 2009

Once Upon A Halloween, Not Long Ago...

Yet another Halloween has come and gone. One thing I've noted over the past couple of years is that the number of Trick or Treaters has been dwindling. There's a lot fewer now compared to when I was a young buck harassing people for candy.

Luckily though, there's a heavy drinking crowd of adults who are all to happy to wear costumes and eat candy once a year. They'd probably do it year round' if possible, but that would ruin the fun.

This year, A coworker announced that she wanted to have a Star Wars themed party.

Sidenote #1: I love Star Wars.
Sidenote #2: Any excuse to geek out on Star Wars is a good one.

Which is why for Halloween this year, I was

Han Solo


That's me and Kenobi. Except Kenobi has a red lightsabre, which isn't even close to canon.

Anyway, this costume was so good, I got mistaken for Harrison Ford about a dozen times. Okay, not really, but the costume did turn out alright, and it wasn't all that hard to make either. Maybe six or seven hours work altogether.

At the bar, I also ran into my two best friends

Chewbacca and Leia. I think Chewbacca and Leia were dating, so there was no rescuing of the princess for me. Some wing-man Chewbacca makes!


Also, Darth Vader was there. He was drinking so I didn't have to worry about being frozen in carbonite.


My big disappointment though was in the female population in general. I'd say 70% of girls had no idea who I was. All the dudes did, and they shared my disappointment when I was met with “Star Wars? What's that?” questions.

Seriously girls, this isn't rocket science, it's Han Solo.

Photography credits go to Ashley S, she be ballin'

4 comments:

AshleyS said...

Jake, I got an awesome picture of just you...but I didnt post it on facebook. I will email it to you when I get home tonight!

XOXO said...

Yeah, you look good, but can you make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs?

Just wondering.

Love!

Sweet Spectre said...

AHHHHHHH HAN SOLO!!!! YESSS!

Kirsty said...

I was sad when I got to around 15 and realised I was too old for trick or treating. Then I went to University. And it really kicked off. Hallowe'en is awesome!