Thursday 29 October 2009

Art Day: Chicken for Dinner

Today I present:

Chicken for Dinner


The cabinets in the background are uneven, the plate has no shadow, and there's an ink smudge under the fridge. Overall, it's a crappy piece. But, it's a crappy piece for a good reason.

Chicken for Dinner is for a radio contest here in Grande Prairie. We're giving away tickets to an upcoming Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert; in order to win a pair you have to make a guess from multiple choice options. If you get it wrong (there's a 1/3 chance of winning) you get a minor prize.

It could be a tube of toothpaste, a can of beans, or piece of crappy art.

To sweeten the deal, I stole the frame from another photo we had kicking around the radio station to spruce up my picture. Take that, decent photography!


On a side note, while this isn't the first ever painting of mine to be framed, this is the first one I've personally done up.



Hopefully the winner comes by to pick up their art. I wouldn't want them to miss out on this great picture frame.

Stereophonics - Innocent

4 comments:

Ashley said...

If they don't come in to pick it up I am claiming it for my office. That's a great frame! ;)

drollgirl said...

I LOVE THIS PIECE!!! i'll take it!!! you can keep the frame -- this pic is rad!

and thanks for the reality check on axe prices. a hhahaha. the fancy schmancy ones are cool, but not affordable. and if i need to hack someone up, it makes a lot more sense to do it on the cheap.

Chelsea Ribbon said...

You know... I never would have found those "mistakes" in your art had you not pointed them out. You're your own worst critic I suppose. It's a cute picture though!!!

XOXO said...

Oh, Jaaaa-ake.

Go to whatever passes for an office supply store in the Godforsakencoldashellnorthernterritories that you live in and get copies made of this.

Send one to me. Will pay S&H

kthanx.

It's great! And I love the look on the chicken's face. I like to think that he's cool with things like wings and chicken tikka and a la king. Y'know - like it's all just a matter of course.