Wednesday 4 November 2009

Art Day: Nuns With Guns

Today I present:

Nuns With Guns



Actually, I don't know if that's the right name of this piece. I kind of forgot to write it down before I sent it away.

This is a painting I made for my younger brother. It's a single frame from the anime series “Black Lagoon.” Since I know he's a fan, and making a painting for my brother was a well overdue task, this'd be one he'd enjoy.

Here's a verbatim quote from him:

"It ... blew my mind the second I saw it."

I've had this one rumbling around the old noggin' for a while now, and I'm happy with outcome for the most part. I wish I'd put more blood on it though. There's a few spots that are just devoid of colour. I think my problem is that it's a little unbalanced. But, as I said, it's something I'm 99% happy with.

Plus, elderly eye-patch wearing nuns with custom designed .44 magnum Desert Eagles are cool.

And that's a fact.

1 comment:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

haha that's totally sweet!