Monday 23 November 2009

A Return From Exile

I'm back from vacation in Manitoba, so to recap two weeks of carousing, here's the basic breakdown of what kind of places I went to.

The first thing I did was take a tour of CBC Winnipeg. I'm media geek, so that was a neat-o experience!

The coolest people were of course in the radio creative department, which is where all cool people in radio work, or want to work.

Then I went Enterprise Rent-A-Car and was stapled to a desk.


On the way to my hometown I stopped at the famous Manitoba landmark "The Halfway Tree."


During a brief stay in Brandon, I went drinking with some friends. After hitting the bar we stopped at Burger King for 'Heavy Alls." Apparently at BK, you can order a burger with a ridiculous amount of toppings. The result was a giant mess.


And I quit taking photos after that for some reason, but other highlights including slaughtering turkeys. This activity put me right in the Christmas mood.



Then my father put me to work tearing up old linoleum and carpet from someone's house where I inhaled a nice healthy lungful of polyurethane foam.


Then I went to a wedding which had lots of Ukrainians dancing everywhere. It was pretty much like this:



And finally, because liquor is too expensive in Alberta, I took home two jugs of whiskey.

And that's what I did for Christmas Vacation.

3 comments:

Maxwell ! said...

I'm really sorry I missed you man. I couldn't get away from work. But I'm planning a road trip in the new year and am considering swinging through your neck of the woods

Unknown said...

Was it just me or did I miss all the swords and parachute pants at the wedding?

Chelsea Ribbon said...

Omg I just realized that was Matt Turpin with crap on his hands! Had no idea who it was for a long time.