Monday 30 November 2009

Cookie Monster Would Be Proud

I'm all about eating competitions. I really really am. When there's food that needs to be eaten in large quantities and at a fast pace, I'm there.

Well, I have another notch to add to my ever expanding belt of eating championships.

Cookie Eating Champion '09! It was intense stuff, the massive sweat stains in the photos are proof of how difficult things were.

The challenge was to eat as many cookies and chug a glass of milk as fast you could in one minute. There were a variety of cookies to choose from, and realistically nobody was going to be able to eat all that many, so it came down to choosing which cookies could be ingested quicker without the aid of much milk.



The buddy next to me allegedly was on the brink of hurling. Good times!

The chocolate chip cookies were quite deceiving. When you think of cookies, they're generally the first one that pop into mind right? What I didn't count on when I ate one was how dry they would be, and dry food is the professional eater's worst enemy. They were akin some shiny bauble laid out as bait in a deadly trap.

The leftovers

I definitely lost time after eating one of those. By far the best ones were the ginger snaps and double chocolate chip cookies. This is where I made most of my headway.



I definitely thought I had lost, but after all the scores were added up, leftover cookies cookies counted, and extra points for skill and execution tallied, I pulled off a victory from behind! Kudos to my coach for his pep-talk, It really helped out.



I won't get into the details, but there is some controversy as to the validity of my win. This means there can be nothing but complete and total annihilation of my competition at the next eating event.

Being champ isn't all sunshine and roses, this is serious stuff. Each bout gets more intense, and success not only climbs further from my reach, but becomes that much more crucial.

But enough looking forward for now. It's time to live in the present, and bask in the happiness of knowing that all those years watching Cookie Monster devour those delicious discs of dough and chocolate finally paid off.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Remember Kenny.

Nobody wins in a dairy challenge.