Monday 2 May 2011

The one place I never expected to live...



Here's an announcement that puts the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton, as well as the death of Osama Bin Laden to shame.

I'm moving to Saskatchewan. If you haven't been watching the all-news channels or visiting the Internet, I understand why you may have missed this news.

I got a job with the Saskatoon Media Group last month as a Creative Writer. It's the Same thing I do here in Grande Prairie, except I'll be way busier. Saskatoon is a lot bigger than GP, and in terms of career, it's a definite step up.
Plus, it'll be 13 hours closer to Manitoba and all friends and family there, not mention that I'll be in Saskatoon with all the friends I have there too.

Grande Prairie's been really good to me, I have lots of friends, I've had tons of fun and done all sorts interesting things, I picked up a fantastic girlfriend, and I bought my first ever car.

But it's time to bid adieu, and move on to bigger and better things. My final day at Big Country is June 14th, and I start my new job June 20th. There will be an epic going away party the second weekend in June. I'll warn everyone in advance, unless I'm totally blitzed, I'll probably cry at it if someone gets all sentimental on me.

I'll also take this opportunity to stir up some rumors. Could the reunification of college pals Jake Hammell and Chad Yawney herald the return of the epic radio mess “Stop Drop and Rock?”

Stay tuned for more details!

1 comment:

Nai said...

Hey! Congrats - also, I envy you!

Hopefully this means we'll finally get to drink together again...as you will be quite a lot closer.

Lucky it is?