Monday 25 April 2011

Why is there still snow?

I'm back in Canada, and happy to be home. Puerto Vallarta was an amazing vacation, and I can honestly say I've never had a better vacation. My trip last summer to Vegas was fun (our friend's wedding was unforgettable), but this? Totally relaxing and reinvigorating.

Well, maybe not so reinvigorating, I've done nothing but sleep since I got home, but still relaxing!

Some of you may have seen some of the photos from Mexico on "The Facebooks" already, but I'm here to provide a bit more context than you may or not need to a few of my favourites.


This is one of the first vehicles we saw after we landed, a truckload of mexicans hauling bananas. You just can't plan for that kind of authenticity!

Jen and I went on an excursion to downtown Puerto Vallarta on our first day, and decided to ride the city bus. As you can see, drivers in Mexico don't, as the experts would say, "Give a Fuck."

Forrest Gump is my #2 favourite movie of all time, so of Jen and I had to visit the theme restaurant! We brought glasses like those home, and the shrimp was fantastic!

This was probably the coolest place we stopped for a drink. This little bar is in the local flea market, and the bartender has just about every drink imaginable. This is only the table level liquor, he had a three tier rack above us as well completely filled with booze. He made pretty alright Caesars, a drink we never expected to find in Mexico. But, Mexicans have Clamato, while the states doesn't. Go figure.


We visited a private beach you can only get to by boat. On the ride back Jen and I were standing on the ship's bow, and suddenly, everyone started clearing the deck when the dude standing next to me came up. I was the last person left up there, and got pulled into putting on a rock show. There's a video of this somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

We went on a tour of this mining town that now produces coffee. They only had these tiny cups to sample with. It was okay. I brought some beans back home, because...why not? Coffee is good for you.



Here's a tequila distillery that we stopped by on our way home from the mining town. That white spout slowly drips processed tequila into that glass carboy. They let me sample straight from the tap. It was...warm tequila. Good though.
These guys don't sell their product in store. You have to come to this distillery to buy anything. I'm pretty sure the tour we were on provides most of this businesses income.

And that's about it! We did a whole lot more, but there's tons of more pictures that are still at home. In summary, Puerto Vallarta was amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to take an affordable vacation somewhere warm, and if you do go, let me know. I'm ready to go back!

Los Lobos - La Bamba

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm excited for your coffee experience...hopefully it doesn't mess with you like the other coffee that you had that one time...was it from Australia? The stuff that made you high... haha.