Monday 25 October 2010

I Made a Mistake

UFC 121 was this past weekend, in which everyone's favourite fighter that you love to hate, Brock Lesnar, was defending his heavyweight championship belt.

For those that don't follow UFC, here's the quick summary:
  • Lesnar is a giant freak of an athlete. The man's hands are literally the size of those football hams. He has specially made gloves.
  • He started in the WWE, which everyone knows is choreographed fighting. You do have to be an athlete, you do get seriously injured, and you do have to seriously train to be a pro wrestler. But there were lots of raised eyebrows and incredulous looks at Lesnar when he was signed to the UFC.
  • He was given a chance at the UFC heavyweight championship belt well before any fighter normally gets, and this was somewhat controversial.
There's more to the story, but that's all you really need to know.

There were a number of bets made on Lesnar's fight this weekend, as it could have gone one of two ways. Lesnar would either sit on his competitor Cain Velasquez for five rounds, or Velasquez would completely walk all over Lesnar.

I decided to bet on Lesnar winning.

The stakes? Whoever loses the bet has to grow a moustache for the month of November. My friend I was gambling with is much like me in that I can't grow facial hair. Our facial hair is easily rivaled by many 16 year old boys.

And I lost the bet. Miserably. Lesnar got his face totally punched all to hell in the first minute of the fight. It was pretty sad actually.

So now I have to grow a moustache. I hope it'll turn out like this with a matching chest fro':

But more likely, it'll look like this:


Any tips on moustaches maintenance anyone can share with me?

4 comments:

Maxwell ! said...

I'm growing a stache for Movember as well. From what I hear, lots of vitamin C can aid in facial hair growth.

tverenca said...

Dear Jake,

For your sake and everyone's sake, I would beg your bet winning friend to change the stakes so that you DON'T have to grow one. Pay him money or something because my gut feeling tells me your hair follicles won't be able to muster the courage to grow you a manly beard :)

Written with concern,

T-Rex.

Chelsea Ribbon said...

I have an idea! Remember those silly bushy eyebrows Jen got you? I propose you wear one of those above your lip for the rest of November! Instant Mustache! Classic.

Maxwell ! said...

NO! You cannot cheapen the sanctity of Movember. Jake, you and I both should have Mo contest via blog. posting pictures each week of our progress.

I'm terrible at the Mo growing too. So it should be fun!

Are you game, do you got the cojones hombre