Monday 6 July 2009

He's Gone Country!

This past weekend was Expert Mobile Extreme Country Fever. It's a long convoluted title for what's basically a Country Music festival.

Because I work at a radio station which happens to be a huge sponsor and advertiser for the festival I get access to the backstage.

So here's a series of photos of me doing silly things during Country Fever weekend!

This is me backstage on Friday when Johnny Reid was playing...

And this is where Johnny decided he'd had enough of my shit.

Here's me meeting a guy who was the spitting image of a slightly portlier Jack Nicholson...

And here's where country singer Julian Austin punched me and told me to quit bothering his fans who look just like Jack Nicholson.

Here's me backstage once more with country music legend Neal McCoy

He was so cool he even posed while he punched me in the jaw

Here's me doing my best impression of Mosh Girl

I didn't have the crowd grimacing as much though


Here's me and some of the Big Country radio crew along with Miss Grande Prairie Stompede 2009, Leigha Rode (She's a rodeo queen here and gets to travel all over the place)

And here's her deciding I was getting too fresh with her

And I'll wrap this post up with one last image of me on the dance floor doing a mean two-step.

Expert Mobile Extreme Country Fever kicked ass, even when I was the one getting my ass kicked!


7 comments:

Aunty Pat said...

I know I'm no tech, but are you joshing us??? Are these photos real?? How do you get people to do such crazy things with you in pictures??

Jake Hammell said...

Haha, they're real, but posed. And when people get nothing but 'stand and pose' photos they're super pumped to do something random and fun.

Plus you just gotta ask. Here's how the first one went:
"Hey Mr.Reid, I'm from the radio, can you pretend to punch me in the face for a photo?"

"Oh! I'm good at that! Just let me get ready."

*bam* Instant classic photo!

Nai said...

Holy jake, you grew up, and hot hot...hot and greasy :P.

Looks like you had loads of fun though!

Tatiana said...

I smell a coffee table book coming on!!!

Aunty Pat said...

too cool

Chelsea Ribbon said...

a coffee table book! haha that would be awesome!

But yeah, good pics!!! I was going to tell you which one was my favourite, but it's too hard to decide.

The one of "mosh girl" not you, but the actual girl, got a good laugh once I noticed that horrified expression on that dude's face behind her!

drollgirl said...

dude! you look like the kind of guy that always has the best time. you are too much!

p.s. re: the nipple comments. i totally sympathize. ugh. i didn't really think how nipple issues could effect men, too.