Friday 13 March 2009

I'm a Little Lost

This morning I got up and the first thing I said to myself was this:

"I need to remember my coupon for Micheals."

They're having a sale where everything is 25% off, but you have to bring your coupon. With today being pay-day, this is a good opportunity for me to stock up on art supplies.

I then went about my morning routine of showering, making my lunch, having breakfast, and brushing my teeth. In that specific order. Then I went and started my car and did my quick morning checklist to make sure I hadn't forgot anything.

Lunch, Check.
Sunglasses, Check.
Clean Underwear, Check.
Keys and Wallet, Check.
I made sure I don't need any groceries, Check.
Washed my face and Brushed my teeth, Check.

But I was forgetting something... something important. Oh right! My coupon for Micheals!

Coupon, Check.

I had everything I needed, and was out the door two minutes early, which meant I'd get to work five minutes early.

I patted myself on the back and gave congratulatory speeches where applicable for my good memory and promptness. I strode into work with all the confidence of a man who knew he forgot nothing. I put my lunch in my desk, sat down and checked my emails and messages. There was of course nothing new because I had already taken care of everything yesterday. Then as I was filtering through today's paperwork I remembered something.

Something important.

I forgot to wear deodorant.

6 comments:

drollgirl said...

oh i hate when that happens!!! sometimes i keep a spare deodorant in the car, and sometimes i have to go buy one at the mini market next to work as i don't want to stink!

Chelsea Ribbon said...

hahahahhahaahah

Jake Hammell said...

It's Friday the 13th! Oh my god! This was my unlucky thing!

Sweet Spectre said...

Hahaha. I hate that.

one little simitopian said...

Hello! I've read your often funny comments on drollgirls blog, and you recently left one one mine, so i thought it was about time i dropped by!
That sux when you forget the ol' B.O buster, and you have to spend all day trying to ensure you don't lift your arms up for any reason.
I got a little chuckle out of yr blog header too.

Nai said...

Oh Jake, this soo sounds like you! I think you should start carrying a Murse with all those things you might forget...aka deodorant.

LMAO