Monday 19 December 2011

Mystery Christmas Gifts

I have a puzzle that I need YOUR help to solve. Here's the scoop:

This past weekend I was in Edmonton for my girlfriend's Christmas family gathering. Part of this event is the "Tacky Gift Exchange." Basically, you get a cheap/ugly present put a $20 gift card in it, wrap it up, and everyone who participates takes one of the presents home.

Jen's brother in-law got this wonderful...thing for his tacky gift.

We seriously have no idea what it is. Nobody at the gift exchange knew either, not even the person who gave it away.

The best we could come up with is that it was some type of sushi thing. But that didn't really seem like a likely option. As you can see above, the wood grate on the top removes and has a shallow groove underneath. The little metal dish comes out too.

So if anyone knows what this is, and how to use it, feel free to let me know. It bothered me the entire car-ride home yesterday. Feel free to float theories as well, because I have absolutely no clue what this is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ice on the bottom, food on the top of the rack, dip in the bowl

Maxwell ! said...

It is indeed for sushi. As someone already said, crushed ice in the bottom, you line up your sushi and the metal bowl is for your wasabi and or soy sauce combinations