Monday 22 August 2011

The Day my World Turned Upside Down

I dislike apples. A lot. They honestly disgust me. I hate the smell, I don't like the taste, and that crunching apple sound when someone takes a bite sends chills down my spine.

What does she find so hilarious about this?

In short, I find them gross, and don't enjoy anything apple related. Even looking at that photo grosses me out a bit.

Let's contrast this extreme prejudice and shocking hatred with something I truly enjoy! Like cashews for example!

I could eat an entire tin of these things in a single sitting. When it comes to to can of mixed nuts, I pick out the cashews because they're my favourite!


But last week I learned something truly disturbing:

CASHEWS GROW FROM APPLES


If you think I'm kidding, read this again:


CASHEWS




GROW

FROM APPLES





COMMENCE STATE: MIND = BLOWN



How can something so wonderful come from a food so awful? I know this is a different breed of apple, which is why it looks a little weird, but an apple is an apple; no if, ands, or buts about it!


Maybe I need to reevaluate my life choices, or at least my dietary decisions. I guess in the meantime I'll keep living my hypocritical lifestyle, and try to keep in mind that thousands of apples died in the slaughter of a cashew harvest.


That makes me a little bit happier.

2 comments:

F said...

not only are they from apples but they look like they're the excrement of an apple!

Chelsea Ribbon said...

WHOA! I had no idea that's where they came from! Jake, this is a big step. First tomatos, next apples!