Thursday 25 November 2010

Nothing to Talk About

Man, this blog thing is tough. It's been two years since I started blogging steadily, and I'm running out of subject material.

This week has been quite bland. I just have nothing to talk about. So you know what? It's time for The Highlights of My Week so Far:

Monday – Had a Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner. For those not in the know, Papa Murphys is a take'n'bake pizza joint. I didn't know this when I first went there. I ordered a large pepperoni pizza, and they handed me this raw pie. Being the totally passive person I am, I just accepted it. I imagined for a moment them saying “You want a cooked pizza? Too bad! Deal with this, fucker!” and then I'd hang my head and sadly say “Okay.”

But I then I figured out that uncooked pizza is what they sell, and everything turned out better when I got free cookie dough.

Tuesday: Wing night at The Basement! The Basement is my favourite place to go drinking. Lately my budget hasn't been as conducive to just sitting down there on a Friday night and drinking my way through three or four beer towers, but I still make it for wing nights occasionally. However, service is usually slow because the place is totally packed on Tuesdays. So we got some free shots! Yeah!
Then I was a little tipsy (actually, a lot) and the girlfriend and I went to her parent's house to play with their new puppy. I collected twenty dollars for Movember and ate some pickled herring. It was salty. End of story.

Wednesday: I saw the movie Secretariat last night. What can I say about it? It was a Disney movie about horse racing. I wasn't a big fan, but it wasn't the worst movie I've seen either.

And that leads us to today. Later I'm going on a booze run for my staff Christmas party, and after work I'm going to sit at home and watch Star Trek. Because that's what cool people do.

So...How has your week been?

Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons


1 comment:

BC said...

your week is far more interesting than mine good sir. Work than go home and watch Conan. That's about it. Like yourself, I don't really have the budget to go out and drink as often as I'd like either.