Monday 29 November 2010

Gingerbread Competition 2010

My coworkers and I constructed another gingerbread house for a local Christmas show/fundraiser. Last year we learned quit a bit from our successes and failures from trying to build a stone church so this year's went slightly better.

We decided to scrap the idea of a gingerbread "house" and go for something completely different. After some humming a hawing, we settled upon the idea of a Lighthouse Keeper's Christmas, and here's the final result:



I forgot my camera so I don't have any other pictures from the Festival of Trees, but I'd say we were in the top half of gingerbread creations. You can't see it, but there's a little light in the top of the lighthouse that blinks so it actually looks like a lighthouse giving off a signal.

It's a little plain, but I figure it does the trick. There were lots of good ones this year, for example there was a castle, a mountainside ski lodge, an Eiffel Tower made of chocolate, and this insane fondant doghouse.

So I guess this means it's Christmas-time now! What kind of stuff are you doing to get ready for the holidays?

1 comment:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

The lighthouse looks fantastic! I have never in my entire life made a gingerbread house. It was never something I did as a child, and as an adult, I don't think I would eat the house after I made it.

Christmas sugar cookies was always my thing!