Friday 11 September 2009

Art Day: Draconian Troika

EDIT SEPT 14, 2009: So I just realized this morning that I totally ripped off the band Asia. My painting is pretty similar to the art on the sleeve of their eponymous debut album.


Anyway, just thought I'd share my artistic foibles. Damn Asia.

This is my last art day for a while because I'm pretty sick of them now. Not sick of art that is, just the lack of decent content I've had on this site.


This is a picture I did on evening on a whim. I'd been watching music videos based around the theme of colour on Much Music and suddenly was struck by inspiration and proclaimed aloud to the world, “Hey, I like colour. Let's do some art!”

It's my first serious attempt at anything using ink. I'm a big fan of the ouroboros symbol, which for those not in the know, is a snake or dragon eating its own tail making a circular symbol.



In addition to this, I also think Celtic symbols like the Celtic knot are really neat-o too.


So this is my hybrid of the two. I'd definitely like to redo it sometime because as I learned with this painting, mistakes made with ink are really F'n hard to fix.

Also, wouldn't this make a kickass tattoo? Maybe I'll pull a Mike Tyson and get it inked across my face. Mike Tyson is a cool guy right?

The Weepies - Can't Go Back Now

4 comments:

Nai said...

I like it!

Also, you should probably tattoo it across your face :P.

I'm getting a quill tattooed on me somewhere...probably my ass though. Just kidding :).

XOXO said...

As someone who has many tattoos, I would DEFINITELY get this tattooed on your face.

Do this now.

Send pictures.

No.

Seriously!
do. it.

PS - this is fabulous and I love it! Etsy that shit, man!

Dave said...

haha I have 2 tattoos quite similar to those.

Tatiana said...

A friend of mine has something very similar tattooed on his chest. It's pretty amazing.

And I think you should just get a tattoo in general. Don't care what or where...just do it. And really it's only so various members of your family can stop mentioning to me that it seems all the imported Hammells or other people merely affliated with the Hammells are the ones with tattoos. Wow did that sound as bitter as I thought it did?