Tuesday 5 June 2012

Hammelltime Envelope Etravaganza

So this writing project I started? Far more grueling than I expected. It takes forever to write a bunch of letters! However, it is still fun, and you definitely get into a groove after a bit. Here's a picture of all my writing supplies:

The beer was just for show. It was like 9:30 AM when I took this picture. I waiting til' 10:30 to crack into that.

I had figured I'd do around 20 of the letters when I started on Saturday. Well, two and half hours later, I was done 5.


 Albeit, I did have to go buy envelopes and paper. But still, that's a big chunk of time. What's worse is that I got flustered and bought the wrong type of paper. Foolscap three hole paper. Wrong! That's not what you're supposed to write letters on.

So that's where I'm at with this project so far. It took a solid 6 hours of research to find everyone's mailing addresses, and that still doesn't mean I found everyone. As it turns out, lots of celebrities don't have their addresses listed. Go figure! Anyway, if my math is correct, it should only take me 18 more hours to write all these letters. That's if I don't dilly dally. Phew! I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

awesome! When will you make public who you've mailed?

Jake Hammell said...

To follow up this questions, months after the fact, I'll reveal my list as time goes on. Don't want to spoil the surprise or build up people's expectations