Tuesday 19 May 2009

The Great Debate.

I have a huge conundrum, one that will go down in history as one of the great debates of all time.

And I really need YOUR help in coming to a decision.

Here's the problem:

So I painted this chair for charity. The proceeds of its sale will go to help the community village, an organization that gives assistance to the poor and homeless.

It's being exhibited along with several other chairs and tables. I'm certain that my appearance at this fundraiser, which runs 7pm to 9 and possibly later this Saturday, will increase the value of my art.

The station I work has been name dropping me along with the chair. My appearance is likely appreciated.

BUT

UFC: 98 Evans VS Machida is this weekend at 8pm. There will be burgers, beer, leather couches, and good times had by all starting at around 7pm.

The conflict: They both take place at EXACTLY the same time at opposite ends of the city.

Do I go to the charity thingy and help the homeless


Or

Do I go have a good time and watch people fight?


Help the homeless?

Watch the fight?

Homeless?

Fight?

Tally Hall - Welcome to Tally Hall

9 comments:

Maxwell ! said...

invite some homeless people to the charity thing and get them to fight. problem solved

Kristina P said...

personally i would watch the fight...but im a girl and i like watching shirtless sexy sweaty men roll around with eachother...its kinda hott.

and frankly i dont care much for the homeless. i dont care if that makes me a bad person either.

i saw watch the fight its gonna be a good one!!!!

BC said...

you could go to part of the charity thing and then go back and watch the fights.

or be all fred flintstone and go back and forth the whole evening claiming you're going to the bathroom.

Nai said...

your mom would say homeless. always do what your mom would tell you to. Best advice ever if you feel torn :).

(Note that Naomi never follows this and things turn out well, pretty allright most of the time.)

Tatiana said...

I've actually in in this situation. Working in non-profit I attend a lot of fundraisers. But being married to the person I am married to UFC and fights are attended as well. I enjoy both.

Now I know you're expecting a lecture on how you should attend the fundraising event from me. But honestly I would split your time. The best stuff is always at the end of the fight so go to the fundraiser first, keep in mind, events like these are HUGE for networking and getting to know people who you can later rely on for things. That's how I get most of my contacts that I later harass for a donation. So attend the fundraiser for a little while so people can put a name and chair to a face/actual person.

Then later head of to the fight to see at the good stuff at the end.

drollgirl said...

dude. sorry, but help the homeless. have someone tivo the game and have a party watching it later? maybe?

Jake Hammell said...

Over the phone and through my roommates I've recieved 2 time-splits

So total: It looks like thus far I have:
1 vote for fight
2 votes for charity
4 votes for time-split
1 vote for hobo fights

I think hobo fights win!

Chelsea Ribbon said...

Oh man this was hilarious to read!!!

And I enjoyed the tally at the end of the comments.

But by far, the best part of this blog, was the back forth with the pictures.

Omg. I never laughed so hard!

But you should totally go to the charity auction for at least an hour... You won't miss much of the fight.

Sean said...

You gotta go to the charity thing ... you already said yu might have to buy your chair anyway .... the fight party will go on past the usually early-ending charity event.