Thursday 9 August 2012

Hammelltime Envelope Extravagnza: Result #1

Well people, the results are already arriving back from my letter campaign. It's off to a slow start, but I've got 2 responses back from the 15 I mailed out.

The first to return:

Kevin O'Leary.
From him I got a returned, still-sealed envelope.

  I got the address right, but I have a sneaking suspicion anything written to his corporation addressed to him from a hand-written nobody gets a "Business moved" sticker slapped on it. Just another conspiracy about him, but hey, at least my letter actually went somewhere.

Second:

Roberta Bondar

Canada's first female astronaut sent me an autographed photo. Pretty cool! There was nothing else in the envelope, but considering all I asked for was a piece of paper with her autograph on it, this is a decent return.

And that's it so far. Like I said a while back, this'll be a slow process, but I really can testify that I look in the mailbox every day like a kid expecting a letter back from Santa.

So, Is writing letters exciting?

No comments: