Monday 16 April 2012

Hammelltime Envelope Extravaganza: Debut

For those who follow along with this blog, you may have noticed that I’ve been extra bad at posting this year. So I’ve decided to do something awesome, and it involves YOU! This is official debut of the…

“Hammelltime Envelope Extravaganza!”

Basically, I’m going to mail 50 Canadians for autographs, anecdotes, personal opinions, and see who gets back. I’m going to mail actors, authors, musicians, business people, newspeople, politicians, unique personalities, internet celebrities, hometown heroes and whoever!

If they have a mailbox in Canada, I’m going to mail them a hand-written letter, with a pre-stamped return envelope inside. Then, when it comes in, I’ll post it online here for everyone to see!

Why? Because getting mail is awesome. In today’s day and age of emails, text messaging, and Facebook, it’s becoming a novelty to send and receive hand-written letters.

This is where you come in:

Who do you want me to mail?

Post it in the comments here, on Facebook, email me (address available in my profile section), or call me up.

Want me to mail Canadian-film Superstar Paul Gross? Okay, you got it!

Should I send a letter to the Premier of the Northwest Territories? Sure!

You want to see what Cornel Dobrin, the man who holds Canada’s record for bicycling from one end of the country to the other has to say? Let me find out for you!

Does your neighbour drink too much beer and loudly play his Nazareth CDs into the wee hours of the morning? That’s really got nothing to do with me so leave me out of it.

Don’t worry about providing me with the mailing address of person you suggest, I’ll track it down. (But if you happen to know it, please feel free to share).

I’ve already got a good start on this list, but give me any suggestions or requests. Just let me know their name, and why I’m mailing them. Such as “Stephen Harper – Canadian Primeminister.”

Local hometown hero? National superstar? Doesn’t matter, the Hammelltime Envelope Extravaganza will send out to anyone in Canada.

Hopefully the end result is pretty entertaining and together we get a good response and some entertaining results.

So, let me know...

Who do you want me to Mail?

2 comments:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

COLIN MOCHRIE!!! (Improv Comedian) To the best of my knowledge he lives in Toronto.

Or how about Lloyd Robertson or Peter Mansbridge? Now that Lloyd's retired, he must have oodles of time to respond to letters. And Peter has that Manitoba/Saskatchewan connection.

Chelsea Ribbon said...

Oh, and the reason you should mail Colin Mochrie is because I loved watching Who's Line Is It Anyway with host Drew Carey.

I think Colin Mochrie is one of my top favourite Canadians.