Tuesday 19 February 2013

Classy Pants Programming

I recently got TV after being cable-free for over a year and a half. When I moved to Saskatoon it was an easy-to-cut expense after I sat down and tabulated the cost of TV. Pretty much every program I watched could be streamed online or was available on Netflix.
But at the start of February my girlfriend and I decided it was time to get back on the cable boat, we went with Sasktel and are enjoying a fantastic array of programming. However, there’s still mounds of TV that is just terrible, and this past Sunday I stopped to watch a little bit TLC’s latest scum-of-the-earth TV show:

Gypsy Sisters



They’re Romanian Gypsy women (who happen to have thick southern American accents) who don’t take guff from ANYONE! They fight and scream at other! They’re all married and have kids! One’s a stripper! And so-on and so-forth. I made an info-graphic to summarize the characters and premise, see it below:


Even in terms of bad TLC reality shows this a tough one to watch. I made it 3 minutes before changing the channel, right after one girl said she puts mayonnaise in her hair to keep it shiny. Yup, that’s what passes for a TV show these days. Mayo in the hair. Classy.

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

Your brother and I watch at TV show we affectionately call "drunk british teenagers making bad life choices." Basically 17, 18 or 19 year old british teens go on their first holiday alone. They go to Greece which is where happening brit teens go to get drunk and have sex with strangers.

The catch, mom and dad are along for the ride watching the whole thing go down secretly. It's pure schadenfreude.